Tuesday, August 4, 2009

a pause

My 3-day break in blogging gave me a chance to make sure that my online life doesn't stress me out or take too much time out of my other interests and responsibilities. Ok, mostly responsibilities.

It's really a good thing to take regular internet vacations, which is why I don't blog on the weekends. I've lost too many friends (and had too many friends lose their college sponsorship) to the siren call of the interweb.

It's not the same for everyone, but I know that I start to feel stressed out physically, and anxious mentally, when I feel like I need to get back on the computer to do this or that. When this or that is a game or a promotional something or twitter or email... I know I need a break.

So, here's to taking a deep breath and gaining perspective on our habits. May we all have the strength to maintain a healthy relationship with our browsers. Cheers.

Julie Pickett-Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment